I want to re-install Knoppix, but do not want it to overwrite my windows MBR. How can I stop it from installing LILO?
Thanks
I want to re-install Knoppix, but do not want it to overwrite my windows MBR. How can I stop it from installing LILO?
Thanks
Reply no to the question during install of "install lilo to the MBR" and it will not install it to the MBR. You will have to boot with a floppy.
In the event that you DO overwrite your MBR you can easily fix it like this:
Boot a WIN98 floppy and enter
fdisk /mbr
(I think the syntax is right)

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00