-
Despite the recommendation of not installing Knoppix on the Hard Disk, Knoppix 3.2 was my introduction to Linux on a Laptop and I have been using it until I upgraded to Knoppix 5.1 a couple of weeks ago on the same laptop. I have played with Ubuntu (there are Kubuntu and the Gnome Ubutnu version) they install ok. The more recent versions of Kunbuntu also let you run/test from a CD.
If the WiFi & modem are working with Knoppix running from the CD - then I would take this as an indicator it will also work when installed.
There have been a few things I had to fix, the timezone seemed to be a problem with the Knoppix CD and when I was testing Ubuntu Feisty .
My notes, including fix for timezone, are at http://www.ramin.com.au/linux/slug-b...-knoppix.shtml
Marghanita
Similar Threads
-
By kjd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 06:19 AM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By freeman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99