Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Has anyone run the knoppix DVD using vmware?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Has anyone run the knoppix DVD using vmware?

    Hi,

    I have downloaded knoppix 5.1.1 DVD version. I can open the iso file and look in the files it contains. However, when I try to boot the DVD iso image from Vmware, I got errors. Since redownload the image will take every long time, I want to know whether anyone has run the DVD image on vmware? I can run CD image on vmware without any problem.

    Thanks

    Frank

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Yup. Did you check the md5 checksum of the ISo that you downloaded?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18
    No. I did not. Since I can open the ISO file withou any problem, I assume it should be fine. Also, I do not know how to check it.

    thanks

    Frank

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzxdtzx1
    No. I did not. .... Also, I do not know how to check it.
    The link I gave will certainly let you run a good Knoppix ISO.
    You didn't really have to wait for me to respond, a very simple Google search would have got you many answers to the md5 issue, but for plenty of informaion that applies to the Knoppix ISO, see answer #1.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. VMWare Knoppix
    By stevo in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 11:35 AM
  2. VMWare on Knoppix
    By bspengler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
  3. VMWare: VMWare Tools can not be installed
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
  4. Knoppix-3.4 and Vmware-4.0.5
    By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
  5. Vmware Knoppix
    By biio in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 SFP 10GBASE Transceiver x3 Tested Clean picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 SFP 10GBASE Transceiver x3 Tested Clean

$40.00



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99