Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Creating persistant knoppix disc image with floppy disc

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Creating persistant knoppix disc image with floppy disc

    I'm trying to create a persistant Knoppix disc image but I cannot put it on the my hard drive and I don't have a flash drive I can use for this. Is there any way that I can put it on a floppy disc?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    Arbatras wrote:
    I'm trying to create a persistant Knoppix disc image ... on the my hard drive ... Is there any way that I can put it on a floppy disc?
    You didn't mention what sort of partition your HD is; if it's NTFS, then you're out of luck; if it's a FAT partition, then I believe you can create a persistent image on your HD. First, you would have to change your HD to read/write; by default your hard drive is READ only.

    Failing that, you can save a configuration file, config.tbz, to a floppy. This isn't the same as a persistent home directory (you won't be able to install new software, and of course you'll be severely limited in space. I found that I really needed a persistent home dir to copy over my Firefoxz bookmarks and passwords, and install new software. With a diskette, you can add a printer, and copy the Firefox bookmarks (assuming you use Firefox on Windows).

    Let us know more about your situation, re partition, etc.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Never mind what I said earlier. I was able to do what I needed with a floppy disk. Thanks for your help anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Disc Image
    By iadcc in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Knoppix 5.1 on Hard Disc !!
    By sastry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
  3. Creating persistant disk image on external HDD
    By mark.johnson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:07 PM
  4. A Knoppix secondary disc?
    By Matrox462 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. Creating floppy disc on laptop
    By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85