Hi -
I'm a newbie to Linux and Knoppix. I've been trying to get my machine networked via wireless for about 2 weeks.
I've found numerous posts about Linksys PCMCIA wireless cards but I haven't found one yet that describes my problem:
When I boot with Knoppix, the wireless card power light turns on but the link never lights up.
During boot, I've noticed that 'cardmgr' is loaded to manage PCMCIA cards.
I've found the rt2500.inf driver and loaded the driver via ndiswrapper, then used 'modprobe ndiswrapper', whatever that is.
ndiswrapper -l tells me 'rt2500 driver present' - it says nothing about hardware
ifconfig -a lists eth0 and lo but doesn't list a 'wlan0' device
I'm beginning to suspect an IRQ conflict because the device just doesn't exist to Knoppix AFAIK
and, when I load ndiswrapper and tail dmesg, I see the line 'Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7'
What do I do?
Thanks,
Jon

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99