-
Junior Member
registered user
difference in starting procedure for kernel 2.4 and 2.6
Please help.
How can I start step by step?
Knoppix 5.1 dont't starts.
By testing I found that the release with Kernel 2.6 didn't start and 2.4 works well.
So I downloaded Knippix 3.6 Version for testing from one CD.
There you can select between starting with kernel 2.4 and 2.6.
I use the option: 2 vga=normal
When I use the Version 2.6
I get the message:
loading linux ...........
loading minirt.gz...... (minirt26.gz)
Ready.
The cursor is flashing the message stays on the screen (with the option: 2 vga=normal)
and nothing more - the keyboard buffer is getting an overflow if I use the keyboart (beeping).
I have tried many different cheat codes.
I wonder whats with the screen, because the isolinux for starting makes screen outputs.
Even in the expert-mode there is no detailed output after the message.
Does anyone now the folloow up of the start process. Is the first what happens - changing
the screen output function (form text to graphic???) that there is not one information
about the next successfull step?
Is there any possibillity to test the start-procedure without screen - beeps for every step -
or output per serial output???
Thanks in advance.
monika
alias the_idealist100
-
Try adding the cheatcode nodma. So you start with
knoppix 2 vga=normal nodma
Any good?
Fergus
-
Junior Member
registered user
nodma - und fast alles ausschalten ist nicht erfolgtreich
Hallo Fergue,
to Fergue:
thank you for your help - please excuse the in German written replay - it was late
and Iwas very tiered I think.
to all:
the problem is not still in question, because the laptop is defect. With my new
desktop I use knoppix 5.3.1.
Please excuse the in German written replay - it was late and Iwas very tiered I think.
--- Because the problem is never relevant to me, I will not translate all the text. - - -
erst mal danke für den Hilfsversuch. Melde mich so spät, weil ich vorher nicht dazu
gekommen bin, mich um das Thema zu kümmern.

Originally Posted by
fergus
Try adding the cheatcode nodma. So you start with
knoppix 2 vga=normal nodma
Any good?
Fergus
Leider hilft auch das nicht. Hatte am Donnerstag in einem gentoo Usertreffe
den Hinweis bekommen, verschiedene cheatcodes zu testen - so ist bereits die
folgende Kombination getestet.
vga=normal noapic nolapic acpi=off apm=off noagp noapm nodma nomce nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi noswap nousb nosmp noaudio pci=biosirq
Mein Problem ist u.a., dass ich kein DSL habe und mir so nicht einmal die DVD
mit Source-Code herunterladen kann.
Auch habe ich ja schon mit fb1024x768 und anderen die Darstellung
beeinflussenden Optionen gearbeitet.
Die einzige möglichkeit die ich sehen würde, wäre ein theoretisches Debuggen
(real geht nicht, da der Bildschirm ja nichts anzeigt oder Knoppix nicht startet)
der ersten Vorgänge beim und nach dem Start, in der Hoffnung den Unterschied
zu finden. Dann könnte man ja eventuell Häppchenweise auf die neue Release
umstellen. Dazu braucht man jedoch abgesehen von dem Aufwand an Zeit noch
einen Zweiten Rechner, von dem aus man immer wieder eine geänderte Zwischen-
version erzeugen könnte.
Nun ja zu dem Thema mache ich mal ein neues Thread auf.
Nochmals Danke!
Gruß
The_idealist100
Similar Threads
-
By sudheer622 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2008, 02:19 PM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-18-2005, 09:36 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:47 AM
-
By FineWolf in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 03:10 PM
-
By godot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 22
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer System 800 XL ** Tested ** AS-IS Parts or Repair
$123.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer w/ Original Mouse Untested Parts Repair AS IS
$228.32

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25