-
Another thought or two came to mind...
When it says it's looking in /dev/hdb, does it mean /dev/hdb exactly? Ie without regard to partitions? It seems that it might be since it does find the image later at /dev/hdb4 or /dev/hdb1 depending on whether its the "cd on usb key" or "compact flash hard drive" install methods.
If this has credence as an idea, then how do I solve it? I am going to try building a compact flash hard drive without partitions. I don't know if it's possible, and I doubt that it's going to work, but I am out of ideas. Any thoughts on how to make the boot process try the partitions rather than the raw device?
I have tried BOOT_IMAGE=/dev/hdb4/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX, but I don't think I have tried it on the compact flash/hard drive install. I will have to try that.
I have tried BOOT_IMAGE=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX, but is the link between /dev/hdb1 and /cdrom only made after this step?
Thanks again for any ideas anybody might have.
Similar Threads
-
By drdjnicholls in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By sham in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 01:42 PM
-
By basa in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99