-
Senior Member
registered user
I read everthing I could get my hands on from
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
and joined the listserv there but I'm not getting any traffic. So I thought I'd post my QUANTIAN query here.
I tried QUANTIAN from CD on my router at home and successfully linked 4 PCs in a cluster. I tried it with my students at school with 25 PCs using, yes, 25 CDs and got it working over the DHCP server there.
Now, I'd like to install QUANTIAN to the hd and have all the PCs link to eachother at boot-up as they did with the cd. I have no success, however. I see no dox on how to have openMOSIX start up at boot-up when hdinstalled. What am I missing here?
What I'd like to do eventually is to have all the PCs PXE boot off one server and have them all running openMOSIX right away. Is this doable?
Now, for the real question. Say I get all the PCs in my classroom linked-up this way. Is there a simple app you can suggest that needs so much processing power that I can demonstrate how this works and why we want this to work to my students? BTW, I have 25 Pentium IV 2.4 GHz PCs each with about 750 MB of RAM in my classroom on a 10Mbps LAN.
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By Kermit42 in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
-
By bigbrother in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 09:09 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00