-
Junior Member
registered user
DVD Disk Type
I have downloaded the Knoppix 5.2 torrent and would like to know which type of DVD disk to burn it to.
Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
DVD+R DVD-R DRD+RW and DVD-RW all work for data and booting. I expect DVD-RAM would work as well if your hardware supports it. I would suggest using rewriteable media for Knoppix if you have it, although the infrequent releases lately may make that moot.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Junior Member
registered user
OK Thanks. I'll try a DVD+RW.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I burnt to the DVD+RW, but my computer won't boot from it - goes straight to Windows. It boots fine from the Knoppix Live CD. Is this a disk problem or maybe my computer can't handle a boot from DVD?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Tried another disk and it works fine, except for the 3D desktop, which, I'm told when booting, will not work, because composite rendering is not enabled.
Can I enable this myself?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By highanddry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2008, 04:59 AM
-
By GuessWho in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By jehan60188 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 06:06 AM
-
By rcastel in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By spydie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000
$39.99

Vintage Profit Systems ADDRAM PLUS 8-Bit ISA Mem Expansion Board IBM PC XT 5150
$105.00

Vintage Coach 5209 Brown Leather BusinessTote Laptop Briefcase Y2K Shoulder Bag
$150.00

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99