-
Denied All Write Access
I had a xp computer that crashed but files were accessible. anyways, I downloaded knoppix for the first time, booted the computer from the knoppix cd. logged in the k desktop. plugged in the usb flash drive which was detected perfectly. Opened the main hadd and could see all the files. attempted to copy one fie to the flash drive and was denied. I went to the flash drive and attempted to create a new fold but was denied. went back to the local drive and could not create a fold nor file. The only permissions I'm allowed with this boot cd is to list files and folders, thats it. Please, what do I do? I eventually had to remove the computers hard drive and slave it in with another computer and had no probelm moving files. is Knoppiz unable to manage NTFS files? if so, why can it list them?
Similar Threads
-
By db109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:03 AM
-
By hellawaits in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:28 AM
-
By tha_raptest in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 08:05 PM
-
By oliver in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95