Are you sure to be 'root' when try to write the file? Conf files in /etc require root privileges to be edited (with rare excepions).
If the reiserfs format was the problem you not only would be in trouble to write the file, but even to read it.
Hello!
Yesterday I have installed Knoopix for the first time. I didn't pay attention, I guess, and it created a Reiser partition for the system.
While booting Knoppix displays something like DMA is not enabled and could slow fsck progress. Done some googleing and found out that I have to modify /etc/hdparm.conf. Found the file, modified it baut it gave me a write error. Since the installed Knoppix cannot see the Reiser partition, I booted my computer with the live cd. Modified read/write state but still got some write access denied error.
Any idea how to fix that?
It's annoying that live cd begins autoconfiguring devices much faster than hd install.
Are you sure to be 'root' when try to write the file? Conf files in /etc require root privileges to be edited (with rare excepions).
If the reiserfs format was the problem you not only would be in trouble to write the file, but even to read it.

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99