I use grub to boot a knoppix iso... works great. I decided that I wanted to create a bigger home (knoppix.img) file as my original was only 250MB. I created one on another partition and renamed the old one. My grub line points to this new one home=/dev/hdc2, and it is there at 850 MB as I can see it with konqueror, the size I wanted it to be.
However, when I check the size of my knoppix directory, it is only 188MB and 30 % of it is already used. My computer boots with exactly the same look and files so it is being mounted.
Does it have something to do with my ramdisk_size=100000? I am sure there is something I just don't understand, but I thought the home could be any size that was independent of the ram size. I have 256 MB ram, and lots of swap (2 partitions totaling over 1 MB).
My grub lines looks like this:
title Knoppix 4.02
root (hd0,6)
kernel /boot/isolinux/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce noeject dma home=/dev/hdc2 myconfig=/dev/hdc2 bootfrom=/dev/hdc1/knoppix402.iso
initrd /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$200.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair
$365.00