-
Just installed knoppix persistent on external HDD, a few Q's
Hello all,
I just installed Knoppix on an external Hard Drive using instructions for Thumbdrive Knoppix, and I like the thumbdrive install I have it set up to persistently save my configuration into a config file into another partition on the same drive.
Well, the persistent configuration works beautifully. I can save stuff to home, change my settings (ie: icons) and it will all be exactly as I left it! And after the initial bootup everything loads super fast!
I am a computer technician and often have to use Knoppix to troubleshoot/backup broken windows installations. And have run into a few questions which I would like answered.
1) Why do my old mounts show up on the desktop all the time? (ie: It will show /dev/hda2 and /dev/hda6 -- even on machines where the actual windows installation is located on /dev/hda1 and hda2 and hda6 do not exist). How do I fix this so that the FSTAB is automatically generated when I move to/from different PCs?
2) How do I get Iceweasel to use my QT theme?
3) How do I load my external HD on BIOS which do not support booting from external HD?
Cheers,
Zero Angel
Similar Threads
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
-
By chiefreborn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
-
By komplikazione in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 10:35 PM
-
By mikekgr in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00