-
Junior Member
registered user
I am relatively young (19) and rather new to Linux and my technical knowledge of computers is lacking, so please excuse my ignorance. When I run netcardconfig I am asked for 5 numbers. First, the IP address: which address is this? The one for my school's network or my computer? If its for mine, how do I find it? Then the network mask, broadcast address, default gateway, and nameserver. Basically the same questions apply for all. What are these numbers and where/how do I find them?
Thank you for help in advance, hopefully I'll have knoppix online soon.
Similar Threads
-
By compgeek in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 10:52 PM
-
By zombie3000 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 04:35 AM
-
By Tine in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
-
By Josh in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By Sance in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00