-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok, so here is what unfolded this afternoon, following a tiresome electrical and computer engineering exam nonetheless.
I booted knoppix, and launched firefox. I got the message Checking Compatibility of Add Ons, which lasted for several minutes, then the window just disappeared. At this point, fed up, I just left it and did some calc homework. A few minutes later, the FF browser popped. So I typed about:config and disabled IPv6 DNS, closed FF and reopened. I tried to get to google.com, nothing. So i tried knoppix.net, still nothing. At this point I typed 72.232.180.133 in, and like magic I'm at Knoppix.net. Then i tried knoppix.net, that worked as well. So i tried google.com and that worked too. I searched for "knoppix forum", and thats where I am right now, posting this reply. Is this a predicted course of events?[/list]
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 05:35 AM
-
By Craig2 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
-
By dtk in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 01:24 AM
-
By spreadthecream in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00