-
okay a quick update. I have figured out from reading for hours on hours that in a root shell, the command:
ifconfig eth0 | grep HWaddr | awk '{print $5}' | sed s/://g
will return my MAC address removing the colons. This would work perfetly. So I edited the hostname.sh to read:
[ -f /etc/hostname ] && HOSTNAME="$(ifconfig eth0 | grep HWaddr | awk '{print $5}' | sed s/://g)"
and when I execute that script, I get the error awk command not found. What am I missing. If I remove everything after the grep HWaddr, it works fine, it just returns: eth0 Link encap:ethernet 00:B0:45:09:C1:B2.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I can't afford to lose the hair I have left...
Brandon
Similar Threads
-
By bvsantos in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
-
By Terry Kemmerer in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 07:19 AM
-
By kclawson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
-
By StuartP in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99