Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Where is Knoppix/home, and how do I move it?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154

    Where is Knoppix/home, and how do I move it?

    I guess the title says it all, where on the tree does this directory reside by default, and how can I put it somewhere else?
    Thanks,
    Tortoise
    PS Follow up question - is there any reason why I shouldn't just put it whereever the whim takes me, within reason?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Where is Knoppix/home, and how do I move it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise
    I guess the title says it all, where on the tree does this directory reside by default, and how can I put it somewhere else?
    Thanks,
    Tortoise
    If you want to use the Knoppix cd to move it then see the how-to.

    PS Follow up question - is there any reason why I shouldn't just put it whereever the whim takes me, within reason?
    No reason at all you can have your home anywhere it can be mounted.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    154
    Thank you, and sorry for not having more thoroughly read the docs...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix -> Debian -> MOVE!
    By RoyalMail in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 05:27 PM
  2. Help me! How to move KNOPPIX into my HDD?
    By Coorme in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:14 AM
  3. how to move home directory
    By alfix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
  4. move Knoppix to the hard drive problems cfdisk fatal error
    By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
  5. How to move from a A HDD Partition to another?
    By Wishmaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$729.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00