Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't mount HD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Can't mount HD

    Hello, total noob here.

    I'm having trouble accessing my computers main HD through Knoppix. I can access any external drives I connect, but when I try to access my computers main drive I get the following error message:

    The device /dev/sda2, is mounted.
    Forced to continue.
    Error opening partition device : Device or resource busy
    Failed to startup volume : Device or resource busy
    Couldn't mount device '/dev/sda2' : Device or resource busy
    Mount failed.
    Please check that the device is plugged correctly.

    But when I look at the device it says it is not mounted. How can I get to being able to access the drive? Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Are you trying to access and view the contents of a windows drive with ntfs filesystem?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    Yes I am.

Similar Threads

  1. MOUNT /USR
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  3. How To Mount
    By Wassim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
  4. mount-aes ???
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
  5. Can't mount over nfs
    By beaky in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$81.39



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00