Hi boot once again with the live knoopix CD. From the terminal post the output of
fdisk -l
A stage 1.5 error means grub has not been installed properly. With the ouput of
fdisk -l, I should be able to help you
After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 on my laptop, claimed to be successful, booting stops at stage 1.5 with error 15: he can't find the file and neither can I. If I look into /boot/ there is no /grub with a menu-lst in it.
Any suggestions where I can find a proper menu.lst for this system. I can write it to the partition once I have one.
Thanks in advance.
Hi boot once again with the live knoopix CD. From the terminal post the output of
fdisk -l
A stage 1.5 error means grub has not been installed properly. With the ouput of
fdisk -l, I should be able to help you
Thanks for reacting.
I think the problem was that the partition on which I installed Knoppix was too small, 10 GB. Installing on my desktop it took 12.5 GB and did produce a /boot/grub/menu.lst.
It didn't work properly either on that one, but that is a different problem.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99