Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I broke it, now how do I fix it? (ASAP help required)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14

    I broke it, now how do I fix it? (ASAP help required)

    Basically Fx ----ed up, I don't know how, but it did and now my whole menu bar at the bottom is gone, in fact the windows don't have frames anymore to drag them around.
    I was looking for a command to end the session so when it starts up again it is fixed, but I couldn't find one.

    Usually I'd just reboot Knoppix, but I actually bookmarked some very important pages that I can't lose right now.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Strange.

    If you really need to keep the bookmarks, can you export them to a USB memory device? Then restart Knoppix. Heck, if they're THAT critical (and not too numerous or long), just write them down on a pen and paper!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    how about ctrl+alt+backspace, backspace is NOT same as delete.

    ctrl+alt+backspace will restart X with most settings still there.

    ctrl+alt+delete will restart computer and reset...

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by OErjan
    how about ctrl+alt+backspace, backspace is NOT same as delete.

    ctrl+alt+backspace will restart X with most settings still there.

    ctrl+alt+delete will restart computer and reset...
    You legend. Thanks. I did manage to save my bookmarks before, but like this all ym settings are still there as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help ASAP!!!
    By wiccaan in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:06 AM
  2. Need help ASAP!!!
    By Zeus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
  4. Christmas Gift...help ASAP
    By CrazyJerry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 06:26 AM
  5. Don't have acces to remove files! plz help asap.
    By Godfather in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$33.94



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09