-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I'm back.
Just finished two more testing using the same machines as before.
First test, cut away the ssh activation step from both machines and then test the NFS connection.
Result: POSITIVE.
Conclusion: SSH is not required.
Second test, cut away the /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow steps on both machines and then test the NFS connection.
Result: POSITIVE
Conclusion: /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow steps are not required.
Base on the second test setting, I re-test three more directories in the system /ramdisk, /UNIONFS and /KNOPPIX.
Out from the 3 directories, only /KNOPPIX is able to be mounted via NFS. Both /ramdisk and /UNIONFS failed.
Work-around
From the server machine, I created two symbolic links inside my newly created sharing directory /testroot and point them to /ramdisk and /UNIONFS.
Then I am able to access the /ramdisk and /UNIONFS via my client NFS mount point to the /testroot directory.
I have updated the Wifi FAQ. You can find more detail on it.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
Rgds,
Chip
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00