-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi, I don't know much other than what I've found out going through the same process as you, but I can tell you that the broadcast address is (according to Wikipedia) an IP address that can transmit information to all machines on a subnet. I asked about it on another forum and was told that it is worked out from the first three number blocks of the IP address and the first of the subnet (eg if the IP address is 192.168.1.1 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 the broadcast address is 192.168.1.255).
"lo" is the loopback - 127.0.0.1 is your own computer.
I've had no trouble accessing the internet through my router with the eth0 IP address, subnet and gateway all exactly the same as in XP and I did nothing to the "lo" connection information. Not sure if that is helpful, but good luck with it.
Similar Threads
-
By MGILB81 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
-
By zaccraven in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM
-
By lostinspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By axopro in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By rayman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99