Update the repositories then
apt-get install csh
C Shell will be added, csh at a prompt will give you the familar # prompt.
A linux program i need to run requires c shell and apparently my version of linux doesnt have it (when i type csh i get a command not found error). Can this problem be resolved with live cd knoppix or do i need to move onto another version of linux?
Update the repositories then
apt-get install csh
C Shell will be added, csh at a prompt will give you the familar # prompt.
Hello, I have the same problem, I'm not sure how to "Update the repositories"
I tried the command you gave and got "package csh is not available, but is referred to by another package. ...E: package csh has no installation candidate"
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jwilli
I like aptitude , first you need a Root Terminal, from the knoppix penguin in 5.3
-- wait for it to complete, (need internet connection)Code:aptitude update
-- you can doCode:aptitude install cshto see if update found csh , (see info aptitude and aptitude --help)Code:aptitude search csh
You should be good to go. You will a hdd install or a persistent image or it will NOT keep.
Good luck. Your mileage may vary.
John
Thanks for the advice,
I couldn't get that aptitude to work because I was using knoppix 5.1.1 live cd.
However, the good news is that Knoppix 5.3.1 live DVD already includes csh, so I finally got my script to work!!!
Yee-Haw!!

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99