5.1.1 has a usable ntfs-3g version, but which still predates release 1.0 of that driver - I'd advise using sidux instead for a more up-to-date experience.Originally Posted by w0lfie
I'm trying to transfer a file via ftp from a mostly-dead computer (now running Knoppix, but normally runs XP) to one with a working backup drive. All the other files transferred just fine, but there is one folder with an accented character. It will not copy, and since the ex-XP machine is NTFS, I can't change the folder name.
Am I just doing something wrong with the ftp client? Is there a setting that allows non standard characters? Or is there something else wrong?
Also, does the latest version of Knoppix write to NTFS? I'm using an old version.
5.1.1 has a usable ntfs-3g version, but which still predates release 1.0 of that driver - I'd advise using sidux instead for a more up-to-date experience.Originally Posted by w0lfie
ooooh shiney!
Regarding the original post:
The friend I was doing this for said she didn't like that album anyway, so it's not a big deal. But it's good to know there's an update that plays nice with NTFS!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99