Open a shell and type su or just open a root shell. There is no password.Originally Posted by Fatcharlie
Hi, when i try to run some video formats on Kaffeine, I get a message saying the codecs have not been installed, particularly wmvdmod.dll. I have downloaded the appropriate codecs and managed to create a directory /usr/lib/win32 to put them in. But when i try to extract the files into this directory with ARK, I get an error saying i do not have premission to write to this directory. I realise I must either 1) Make myself an administrator so I can use the gui to extract these files, or 2) open a root shell, enter the root password, and copy the files to /win32 manually. Can anyone tell me how to do preferably the former? Thanks to Knoppix for a fantastic system and a great tool. Thanks to you in advance for your help! Roger.
Open a shell and type su or just open a root shell. There is no password.Originally Posted by Fatcharlie
I just posted a whole thread here that may help a little, but I still don't get how to paste the codecs into that default directory where they are suppose to be added. It's a folder on the DVD read only as near as I can tell:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28552

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99