-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not clear on why you would want to say this.
Harry... I said it because it appeared you were trying to advise others that they should use VMware Player instead of VirtualBox, and I was pointing out it was alot harder than VirtualBox is.
My Super Easy VM web configurator:
1. Returned me a zip file... with the same basname.
2. It had five files in it.
My_Super_Easy_VM-s001.vmdk 327680 Mar 3 03:36
My_Super_Easy_VM-s002.vmdk 327680 Mar 3 03:36
My_Super_Easy_VM-s003.vmdk 131072 Mar 3 03:36
My_Super_Easy_VM.vmdk 427 Mar 3 03:36
My_Super_Easy_VM.vmx 3019 Mar 3 03:36
In the vmx file... for instance...
# These settings decides interaction between your
# computer and the virtual machine
isolation.tools.hgfs.disable = "FALSE"
isolation.tools.dnd.disable = "FALSE"
isolation.tools.copy.enable = "TRUE"
isolation.tools.paste.enabled = "TRUE"
What is hfgs.disable?
But since it returned me a VMware player for version 1, based on Workstation 5.x, I don't know if they are even compatible.
Harry, I should have thanked you for pointing that out, that I could use VMware to do this. It is the best in it's class.
Thanks for that. Otoh... I don't belong in the new to Linux forum, cause I'm not. I'll check into VMware Player but did I mention I wanted this thing to be up and running asap? VMware would have required me to be an experienced user to know what you knew. True, many windows users are familiar with VMware. Maybe in the long run... I'll get to know VMware for completeness sake... but VirtualBox makes getting a VM up and running such a snap, I feel I just had to let others know how cool it is.
cheers
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
-
By sucram.resse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
-
By alteredcarbon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
-
By otzberg in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
-
By howagood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X710-DA4 4-Port 10Gb SFP+ Ethernet Adapter EX710DA4G1P5 w/ SFPs
$250.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50