-
Senior Member
registered user
There's a Kubuntu logo visible in the bottom right-hand corner of the KDE 4 "kickoff" menu. So Klaus must have used Kubuntu's KDE 4 packages.
In order to get compiz-fusion running, I downloaded and installed the latest nvidia driver (v169.12) while running from the live DVD, and let the nvidia installer configure xorg.conf. (I tried installing an earlier version of the driver - v100.14.11 - and installation failed.) Then I used the command
compiz-manager & kde-window-decorator --replace &
from a Konsole window to start compiz-fusion. (For some reason, I couldn't find a way to use Emerald.)
Knoppix has a "switch desktop" command on the Knoppix menu (it's a link to /usr/sbin/restartx), and one of the choices is compiz-fusion. It started KDE with compiz-fusion running, but without a window decorator.
(I don't have any experience with ATI cards, except for the crappy Radeon XPress 200M chipset in my laptop, which requires XGL to run beryl or compiz.)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99