Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have written a simple script that allows me to boot computers with the knoppix CD and copy sets of files to an external hard drive. I would like to automate the proccess further, however, the hard disk is recognised differently depending on which computer it is attached to (e.g. sda1, sdb2 or sdc3). I cannot use the persistant directory because the collection of files come to more that 4Gig in size. Is there a simple way I can set the identity of the drive to say sdd1? or automatically detect what identity the drive has been given by knoppix?
Please help it driving me crazy.

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99