Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cf disk error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    Cf disk error

    I have a computer running XP, Xandros 4, and Mandriva. When I set the check disk option in XP and rebooted, I got an error message, ck disk not found, then a reboot with the same message. The repair option with the XP cd is not an option for some reason.Is there a way to remove the check disk option from Knoppix?I have an older Knoppix cd, and can access the XP partition, but I haven't found just what I need yet. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Cf disk error

    Quote Originally Posted by swen
    ....I have an older Knoppix cd,......
    Even with the newest version of Knoppix, writing to an XP NTFS partition may not be safe. You are inviting disaster to do it with an old version of Knoppix (if you even can). My advice would be to use Knoppix to recover whatever you want from the XP partition, and then, if you still want XP, reinstall it fresh.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    reply

    Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. I already did a backup and reinstalled XP on another partition. Just took a shot.It's only Windows,right?

Similar Threads

  1. Disk error
    By bytemind in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 11:54 PM
  2. isolinux: disk error 01, AX=42080d, disk=9F
    By bottomer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
  3. Disk Error on Boot
    By segway in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
  4. isolinux disk error
    By knopperty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
  5. Disk error 10
    By kristus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board  picture

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board

$345.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$40.00



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00