-
Iceweasel shuts down
Iceweasel shuts down for no particular reason. I'm just doing normal web surfing with a few tabs so it's really nothing out of the ordinary.
Does iceweasel have any limitations on the sites or contents it can access? I really need to solve this problem to be convinced of using Knoppix. Any help greatly appreciated!
-
Reply for Iceweasel Shutting Down Automatically
How much RAM do you have? I think it has to do with how much RAM you need to keep it up and running. I have the same problem
as well when I was viewing a flash video and downloading it, then it will shut down. The DVD or CD does not have no way to keep the settings in the PC so when you use heavy applications such as that it will shut down if it does not get enough RAM to operate it.
I might one day start creating a partition for Debian as soon as possible. I also believe to get everything I would need to create a iso thats
big as DL DVD so I can load as many programs on it then save it as an iso. In the future we will be using this in a form of Blu Ray format disc
since blue ray has a capacity of 50 GB.
Adam E.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Interesting. I had the same problem pop up with firefox. For no reason when I would try to visit certain web pages the program would just terminate. I solved the problem by going to the mozilla web browser.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you are running out of memory, you can create a DOS swapfile for linux on an existing DOS or FAT32 hard drive partition
Or you can create a linux swap partition on the hard drive.
Similar Threads
-
By Vronsky in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2006, 02:42 PM
-
By jMon54 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 02:13 AM
-
By biscuits91 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By omagere in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00