-
Netgear MA111 v1
Well I was out of dvds so I downloaded knoppix 5.1.1 and burned it. Popped it in and everything went great except for one thing. My usb MA111 wasnt recognized as a wireless card but the os could see it. In the devices panel it was listed as unknown and no lights were on on the wireless stick. So after researching I found out it uses Prism 2/2.5/3, so I tried various drivers for that and still got nothing. Then I discovered ndiswrapper, followed the steps in the wireless faq and for some reason it always seemed to freeze at "modprobe ndiswrapper" step. So I gave up and got some dvd's today.
Downloaded Knoppix 5.3.1 and ran it. In the booting up text when it was finding devices and such it still didnt seem to find my usb wireless card. However I now have the light lit up on the wireless stick and the os recognizes it as a MA111. But for some reason it still says I have no wireless devices installed. Any ideas on how I might get this to work or get it to pick up as a wireless card. Thanks in advance.
-
So I decided to give ndiswrapper another shot and I made some progress. It didnt freeze at the modprobe command this time for some reason. I made it all the way to the "pump -i wlan0" command but it fails to get an ip address. Any ideas on what I can try or why it may be doing this. I've been trying every network config manager I can find in knoppix. Here is a copy/paste of exactly what I did and what happened when I did it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
knoppix@Knoppix:~$ su
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# ndiswrapper -i /media/sda1/drivers/w
ireless/NETMA111.INF
installing netma111 ...
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# modprobe ndiswrapper
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# lsmod | grep ndiswrapper
ndiswrapper 200900 0
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
wlan0 IEEE 802.11b Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz
Access Point: Not-Associated Bit Rate:11 Mb/s
Encryption key
ff
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag
:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon
:0
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# iwconfig wlan0 essid 2WIRE494 channe
l 1 key 7691841121
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
wlan0 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"2WIRE494"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-A
ssociated
Bit Rate:11 Mb/s
Encryption key:7691-8411-21 Security mode:restricted
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag
:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon
:0
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# ifconfig wlan0 up
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# ifconfig
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:100 (100.0 B) TX bytes:100 (100.0 B)
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:5b:42:99:16
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix# pump -i wlan0
Operation failed.
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix#
Similar Threads
-
By karthiven in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 10:28 PM
-
By aashikan in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
-
By sjmacko in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 10:18 PM
-
By andymadigan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
-
By suppaman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00