Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: When booting - receive 'Input not supported'

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird
    ...I downloaded Nero and failed in four attempts to get it to produce the bootable disk required. Then I read John's suggestion for ImgBurn and downloaded that - it went without a hitch.
    Glad you got it working. Sorry to hear you had a problem with Nero, but you don't give enough information for me to understand what went wrong. But I've used several versions of Nero on many different computers and they all worked fine for me. Key concept is to be sure to use a "burn image" option and not a "make bootable" option or not just drag the ISO file onto the file space (which would make a disc with a copy of the ISO file on it, not a full bootable file system). If you want I'll try to help you work out why Nero didn't work for you, but it sounds like you have worked around this problem.

    I hoping that the new version has resolved your original problem.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird
    Thank you John and Harry.
    Reading the downloading FAQ makes it sound so simple. I downloaded Nero and failed in four attempts to get it to produce the bootable disk required. Then I read John's suggestion for ImgBurn and downloaded that - it went without a hitch.
    I now am the proud owner of a Knoppix V5.3.1 which BOOTS UP PERFECTLY.
    Thanks again

    Hummingbird
    Glad to hear you got it working, and can boot knoppix on your new machine.

    When you get tired of running from the DVD... pm me and I'll whip up a 5.3.1 version of a script that sets up knoppix to run from the iso file... and uses your windows boot menu to give you the choice. Maybe I'll do that tonight. Running Knoppix that way is so much faster and doesn't beat up your dvd drive. (Now where did I put those files...? lol.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. error message: "Input not supported"
    By roniswar in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
  2. Receive Fax daemon
    By lothario in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:23 AM
  3. Input/Output Errors?
    By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
  4. Chinese input
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
  5. How can I input Chinese in KDE ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$594.99



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



4x Various Brands 8.5

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"

$24.99



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art picture

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art

$225.00



Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips picture

Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips

$89.00



Motorola LBR Rackmount Shelf Base Station w/ 2x CompactPCI Cards & DAT 72 Tape picture

Motorola LBR Rackmount Shelf Base Station w/ 2x CompactPCI Cards & DAT 72 Tape

$1300.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30