Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How Do I Install New NIC Driver

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    2

    How Do I Install New NIC Driver

    I'm a very new Linux user and this may be a very basic question, but I would appreciate some guidance.

    The computer on which I am using Knoppix v. 5.1 has an Intel 82566DM, which is an updated version of the PRO 1000. When Knoppix loads it recognizes the NIC but apparently cannot use it. I get no network access. I suspect the driver set on the CD does not support this new NIC. I've downloaded a new Linux driver, e1000e-0.2.9.5. How do I install it to Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31

    Re: How Do I Install New NIC Driver

    Quote Originally Posted by dbuell
    I'm a very new Linux user and this may be a very basic question, but I would appreciate some guidance.

    The computer on which I am using Knoppix v. 5.1 has an Intel 82566DM, which is an updated version of the PRO 1000. When Knoppix loads it recognizes the NIC but apparently cannot use it. I get no network access. I suspect the driver set on the CD does not support this new NIC. I've downloaded a new Linux driver, e1000e-0.2.9.5. How do I install it to Knoppix?
    You have to compile it.... a bit complicate.
    My knoppix has the e1000e.ko and e1000.ko that should manage your nic (...maybe not the jumboframes..) try to modprobe e1000 and have a look at "dmesg" and "ifconfig -a" output.

    Max

Similar Threads

  1. HELP: when trying to install an ATI driver it failed and...
    By FunkyFlyKneeGrow in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
  2. How to install driver, please help!
    By phsieh in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
  3. ATI Radeon driver install possible using poorman's install?
    By Quip Frok in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:27 PM
  4. NVIDIA Driver Install.
    By Slay3r in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
  5. HD install+Nvidia driver install = no kernel headers aargh
    By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W picture

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W

$200.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99