Here's the deal... my girlfriends PC Window XP's boot sector decided to get messed up beyond repair... however she never backs up any of her data.... so I decided I would help her out by using knoppix... but for some reason knoppix 5.3.1 will not let me drag and drop her files onto my acomdata 250gb external hd.... I have read many posts on here about setting the write permissions and have so accordingly... the hd is formated in FAT so that's not the problem either... the error I keep getting is that it cannot make the file on my external hd.... any help/pointers would be greatful as she has many irreplaceable image files on her computer

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage ASUS SPAX-M w/ Socket 7 AMD-K6-2 64MB SDRAM
$79.96