-
Knoppix-STD won't boot on laptop - will boot on desktop
I'm trying to boot Knoppix-STD on a toshiba tecra 8100. The disk goes in I restart and it keeps booting to Windows 2000.
Knoppix-STD works fine on the desktop.
Also Knoppix 5.1.1 live cd works on the laptop.
Reason is I'm trying to get chntpw.deb to run and I can't. Knoppix 5.1.1 live cd doesn't have that, since Knoppix-STD won't work I'm trying to use knoppix 5.1.1.
I've mounted both drives and tried to extract the chntpw file from the package on my usb. When I go to run chntpw. it says :bash :chntpw is not a file.
I'm doing something wrong. Can someone please give me some direction. I'm running this all from root@tty1[]#
Similar Threads
-
By convergys2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
-
By redbarono9 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2005, 05:09 AM
-
By method in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 08:45 AM
-
By embsupafly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU5M to Intel XDACBL5M Compatible TAA Compliant 10GBase-CU
$112.99

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M to HP J9283B Compatible 10GBase-CU SFP+ to SFP+
$168.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70