I have Knoppix 5.1 and use it as a live CD with an image file and a swap file in the 2nd partition of a FAT32 drive. That is I had a lot of room on my partition that Microsoft calls D:. Knoppix calls this hda5.
Only trivial settings are retained between sessions. That is, I turned off the preview of text files and that was remembered. Nothing else is. Each session requires me to reset the monitor to my preference and to reset the hard drives to write permission, the printer identification is lost, etc, etc.
There is a popup at boot time that (perversely) requires me to select OK in 20 seconds. I do select OK but almost no settings are retrieved.
Any solutions?
[/b]

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00
Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00