Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Get me going with MySQL

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Get me going with MySQL

    I am completely new to Linux, though thoroughly familiar with Windows. Sorry most of the terminology means little to me.

    I want to experiment with MySQL, as I must have a good database if I am to change to Linux. How do I get to the database? I have read one posting that says to use the command line, but I haven't yet been able to get to the command line: someone help?

    When I load Knoppix, no doubt I will need help. Is there a MySQL FAQ, especially with a Knoppix falvour?

    Are there any other databases on the Knoppix disk?

    Terry@nz

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    There is no knoppix specific mysql infomation. You can look for general linux mysql documentation online.

    If you need to get a basic familiarity with linux, I suggest looking at something like:
    http://linux-newbie.sunsite.dk/

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    For a GUI, check out PhpMyAdmin ( php based )

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    You are in luck, because it couldn't be easier to get a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) server using Linux (-;

    In any of the mirrors, look in the contrib subdir and you will see a file called knoppix-webserver-setup.zip -=- here's a link to one

    ftp://mirrors.xmission.com/knoppix/c...bserver-setup/

    This one is designed to run with the live CD, but I modified it to run to the copy I have on my hard drive (so easy even i can do it!)

    So, this will easily configure all of these components and give you a slick PHP admin interface to work with MySQL... much easier than working on the command line....

    peace out,

    Paul Knopp

    Stop, Drop, and Pop the Knoppix....

Similar Threads

  1. MySQL
    By mzee in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
  2. apache and mysql
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
  3. MySQL Error
    By sniker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:50 AM
  4. [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
  5. [mysql] how do I use it???
    By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 07:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99