Is it possible to add vmware to a remaster?
I've successfully remastered 4.0.2, removing and adding stuffs fine.. some things installed by source, but it was easier that way.
But now I'm trying to install vmware workstation, and having a problem. The install itself goes well, but, for some reason, umount /proc is reporting busy. The only steps different in my remaster commands, are the vmware install steps.
- copy VMWare to virtual knoppix /home
- enter virtual knoppix environment
- sudo the vmware installation process
- run vmware and enter serial number
- end current session
- enter virtual root desktop
- remove vmware installation files
- end current session
- back to the rest of the remaster commands... only a few left, including umount /proc.
I've never had the '/proc busy' error, unless I missed a step somewhere... like 'exit'. But my commands are fine if I'm installing gmp-4.1 or something... just having issues with this vmware.
I was planning on storing the virtual os's on a usb, then run from there. I guess I could just create a persistent home on the usb, then install vmware, but I was hoping to have it in the iso itself.
Any ideas?

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$48.99
Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00