-
Junior Member
registered user
bad_alloc problem
Hi,
I'm trying to remaster DVD 5.3.1. I uninstaled numerous packets (2,3 Go) to avoid the problem of the double KNOPPIX cloop.
At 87,63% (and after a long, long, time); i have a bad_alloc error:
[ 9] Blk# 131000, [ratio/avg. 7%/ 36%], avg.speed: 527195 b/s, ETA: 24647s
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what (): std::bad_alloc
Aborted
So, I have few questions:
1. What does it mean exactly?
2. Is it because I didn't uninstalled enought packets?
3. Is it because when I uninstalled packet a important dependencie have been take out?
Thanks for your answers.
P.S:
In http://www2.roguewave.com/support/do...bad-alloc.html
They say:
Objects of class bad_alloc are thrown when the implementation cannot allocate storage. The class is derived from exception, and thrown by allocator, new, and others.
But does the problem come from the cloop size or a problem from memory??? (I had a swap a 20 Go (yes!), so I don't think it's come from memory)
I'll uninstalled more paquets (20 % more, so 400Mo by paquets of 10Mo...); but please, give an answer, inclued just to say "good luck"; cause I begin to be desesperated.... 
---- EDIT ---
Ok, I've just uninstalled 2 Go more....
Will see what's happen...
13 views and nobody said "Good Luck"?? The knoppix community is not very chatty.
-
Junior Member
registered user
ok, finnaly I'd have quite a lot of problem with Synaptic running on chroot, running on a X Desktop running on a vnc session....
(I'm doing all this job with an old PC without screen...)
But I have 2 new questions:
1_ Could it just be a probem of free space on my hard disk ?? (I'm doing a new test right now on a new partition...)
2_ Why I am speaking ALONE ? I know that my english is not perfect, but please, treat me well
...
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
You want a CD from a DVD, right?
Good Luck! :P
-
Junior Member
registered user
Waooooh !!!!!
Someone is speaking in this Forum ...............
Wou ou. That's great
And, I Want USB Pendrive from DVD
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00