I'm trying to boot Knoppix on my Acer Aspire 3690. Bear in mind I have absolutely no previous experience with Knoppix, or any other Linux-based system.

I've managed to boot it once (albeit in German) through 'failsafe', but my mouse was disabled, as was my external hard-drive - given the whole point is to back files up onto that hard-drive that wasn't too helpful :P

When I try to boot it, the booting screen gets quite a way through, but then a large string of error messages comes up. It goes too quickly for me to be able to read them all, and there are far too many for me to be able to type them all up anyway.

They begin with 'Retrying with Server Xorg(vesa)', and then a large streeam. Then Retrying with Server Xorg (fbdev), a further stream of errors, and finally Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card.

Please can you help me? I have no idea what this means, or how to solve it.

Thanks a lot!