Hey,
I just downloaded the 5.3.1 ISO, burnt a DVD and stored it to the root of my HD for use with an AES256 encrypted homedir I had created with an earlier version of Knoppix (works with 5.1.1 and a few earlier versions). When I boot from the DVD with no parameters (DVD boot), I can enter password and mount the encrypted homedir KNOPPIX.IMG from my USB stick no problem, but when I attempt to do the same thing with bootfrom=/dev/hda2/KNX3.iso, I does not recognize my password for the AES256 image.
I noticed that with version 5.1.1, the hd shows up as /dev/sda2 and the USB is at /dev/sdb1 and now its back to hd at /dev/hda2 with usb at /dev/sda1 as it was in earlier versions of Knoppix. But, whether I use the bootfrom parameter or not with 5.3.1, the usb stick shows up at /dev/sda1, so I don't know why my password would be accepted when I run off the dvd but not when I run off the compressed disk image.
I realize this is a bit odd, but I have confirmed the behaviour a few times.
Thanks in advance....

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00
HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00