Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

    Hello.

    While starting 5.3.1 DVD on Thinkpad 600x, I got the error KDE crash with Signal 6 SIGABRT.

    This did not happen when booting with 5.1.1 CD. This 5.3.1 DVD can boot on my other machine (Thinkpad T61) without a problem.

    In case it relates, for this Thinkpad 600x, I need to specify cheat code acpi=force to avoid kernel error (see my previous post).


    Please advise. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Ochs
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?
    No, I was evidently wrong: Knoppix 5.3.1 is sometimes (and only sometimes) booting properly with the cheatcode "acpi=off" on my Katmai computer. I don't understand why this system which runs off of a CD+R will boot at different times in different ways on the same computer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I found the problem, and it really isn't an ACPI one either. Try this link: [/url]http://linuxgazette.net/150/howell.html

Similar Threads

  1. Input signal not in range
    By FC360 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
  2. kwifimanager good signal no local ip
    By radnor in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
  3. Signal Strength unknown?
    By ZeD in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
  4. xrandr and xrandrtray return Signal 11
    By Lincthra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
  5. Signal 11?
    By Matth in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$81.39



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00