I am trying to install HP Proliant software found here:
http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swd...category=LINUX
I have tried both the debian4 etch and debian3.1 sarge x86 versions.
I particularly wish to install an iLO driver so I can totally run the HP Smart Update Manager from a network share directory.
Everything works fine as far as updating mbd, raid, nic firmware via knoppix v5.3 but I am prevented from updating the firmware on the iLO as "driver not installed" error is reported against this device.
Initially I got some header type errors and a search here helped me to install the following:
I was then able to install
- apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-all-i386
apt-get install linux-source-2.6.24
apt-get install snmpd - Starting network management services: snmod
hpasm-7.8.0-100.etch26.i386.deb - hpasm activate
But when I tried to install hprsm-7.8.0-103.etch26.i386.deb I get a "failed to rebuild for custom kernal" message.
Unfortunately, this is the stage at which the actual iLO driver is compiled, I believe. So I'm stuck here!
Alternatively, does anyone have any ideas on how else to obtain an iLO driver which will work under knoppix?
Regards,
Steve

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Lot Of 63 Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GbE 850nm SFP Plus Transceivers
$179.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$689.00