Please see answer # 7.
Please help, I'm trying to install vlc but I can't figure it out. I go to the debian download page on their site
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html
But theirs no download link all there is.
deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
I'm running knoppix off of a usb drive, how do I install vlc?[/url]
Please see answer # 7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
The only reason I ask is because when looking I find people saying add apt-get or something to your sources.list none of this is clear to me, I found I a source.list file and opened it in a text editor, added the lines, but it wouldn't let me save the file. Now instead of being upset that their is someone knew to something and just pointing him to the rules, how abut some points me toward a clear guide?
Please see answer # 7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
You need to edit your sources list as the root user, then run
apt-get upgrade ( as root as well )
then you should be able to 'apt-get install vlc'
Thank you eadz. I'll try it.
No luck, I used sudo su in the terminal to be the root user. Then used apt-get update, after that apt-get install vlc. It downloaded a bunch of stuff, and began to install stuff, the wallpaper went black, and alittle after that, the terminal closed. What did I do wrong?

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000
$94.95
Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart
$211.28
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00