Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Troubleshooting cloop probs

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139

    Troubleshooting cloop probs

    On my server that serves my knoppix image, I've noticed recently that with newer versions of knoppix, I get cloop errors in the background on the clients until they eventually crash. Running the straight iso works fine though.

    I'm not even sure that this is a knoppix problem or not. I've tried different network cards, booting from PXE, booting from etherboot. Sometimes it seems to boot ok, but files are missing.

    Since the cloop stuff is included in the image that downloads, I don't think it would really matter about the server...

    I have not heard of anyone but myself making a knoppix boot server (as previously mentioned in my how-to posting) So if anyone else has done this, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    cloop is a pretty quick hack which may not work very good over the net(or some other file system), I assume you somehow nfs mount and cloop on a file on remote.

    In fact, it doesn't work even for local NTFS fs 1.x.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=tftpd

    This is the method that I use.

    Redhat 7.3 for the guts behind it, the iso is mounted as /cdrom and shared. The tftboot is copied locally and shared.

    I use dhcpd v3 for the ip assignment as shown above.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
  2. Nessus-Update-Plugins Troubleshooting (Hard Disk Install)
    By velvet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 05:07 PM
  3. cloop : unable to get major 240 for cloop
    By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
  4. Hacking & Forensic Software for Troubleshooting
    By reecegeorge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 10:50 PM
  5. (La)TeX-probs
    By jochen in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator picture

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator

$220.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes picture

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes

$65.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s picture

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s

$319.99