Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I can't see folders with a non-english font

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2

    I can't see folders with a non-english font

    I'm trying to backup a crashed hdd, and there are some folders that are named in russian that aren't being shown. How do I fix this? Download a russian font so knoppix can see the folder names properly? It's simply not showing them. They're not there, although I know they are. Is Knoppix not showing them because the unfamiliar font is translating the letters into unallowed characters or somesuch?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94
    I have sometimes have a similar problem in windows XP and get around it by typing the full address into the address bar. Eg. C:/folder/subfolder and hitting enter.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2
    The problem is I can't type the full address because the subfolder is named in another language and I don't have the character set. How do I fix this? Where do I download fonts to? How do I change the main typing language?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94
    Also have this problem with my email catchpa . I get around it by copying and pasteing the needed alphabet characters.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to access non-English files and folders
    By bythesea in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
  2. My Music/My Images folders??? (help!!)
    By sypholin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
  3. public_html folders
    By Leipe_Po in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 01:34 AM
  4. Cant create folders on hda1
    By PhilQ in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 12:43 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Amiga 500 - UK/PAL - green screen - for parts/repair – case damage picture

Commodore Amiga 500 - UK/PAL - green screen - for parts/repair – case damage

$149.00



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore Amiga 3000 Computer 25MHz '030, 6MB, BlueSCSI, Mouse & Keyboard picture

Commodore Amiga 3000 Computer 25MHz '030, 6MB, BlueSCSI, Mouse & Keyboard

$2399.99



DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested picture

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested

$285.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$219.00



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



AMIGA Commodore A1200 picture

AMIGA Commodore A1200

$999.99



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00



NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga picture

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga

$170.00