# xedit /etc/aumixrc
You can adjust these values- be careful. I run mine at 99. Don't know what maximum is.Code:vol:79:79:P synth:79:79:R pcm:79:79:P speaker:0:0:R line:79:79:R mic:0:0:R cd:79:79:R
I have an IBM A30 Laptop with Knoppix 3.2 installed. When I installed it, it did not detect my soundcard correctly. I ran sndconfig, and it worked.
Now, when I start up, there is no sound. I open mixer, change the levels slightly (they are about 75%, any other level, even lower works) and then sound works for that session, but not on reboot, I have to do the same again.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
# xedit /etc/aumixrc
You can adjust these values- be careful. I run mine at 99. Don't know what maximum is.Code:vol:79:79:P synth:79:79:R pcm:79:79:P speaker:0:0:R line:79:79:R mic:0:0:R cd:79:79:R
I'll try this, but it isn't that the level is too, low, but that I have to change it when the system starts up. Even reducing the volume works. Why should that be?
OIC- perhaps you are not saving your sessions on logout?
How would I know whether I am?
I don't think this is the problem however, since the levels are set at about 75% on startup, there is just no sound, I only need to change them to get sound. Even if I put them back at 75%, it is the act of changing the levels that seems to switch the sound on.
hmmmmmmmm- Are you aware that there are two mixers? kimix & aumix.
To save your sessions on log out:
Control Center>KDE Components>SessionManager
If that doesn't get it working perhaps you should look at your soundcard drivers.
Ah ha, no, I'll check that...
Thanks!

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00