-
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, ..."
I have a Knoppix Light 4.0.2 LiveCD that came with a book I bought called "Hacking Knoppix". When I try to boot from the CD I get to a screen with two penguins at the top that says:
Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-DVD
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
knoppix#
If I boot with the command:
knoppix debug -b 3
I get to a # prompt, and everything seems fine. If I 'exit' from this stage, I get the above message about the KNOPPIX filesystem. What am I doing wrong and do you have any suggestions as to how I can fix the problem?
This is not a DVD, but a CD and I am attempting to run it on a Dell Latitude E6500. I am wondering if the hardware in this machine is too new and unkinown to KNOPPIX, yet.
I also just tried to boot it up on my old laptop (Dell Latitude D610) and it got further, it seemed to be finding hardware and the CD, but it finally came up with a blank screen.
Thanks for any and all help.
Similar Threads
-
By thomania in forum German Forum
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-21-2009, 10:14 PM
-
By ngc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
-
By yosibeck in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

5 x Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S 10GBASE SFP Module converter w/ Genuine Hologram 🔥New🔥
$174.99