-
hey Orein, thanks for your reply.
But, I have done that and it still keeps giving me an error message, that I can't write to the volume.
I have mount it the volume
I have click on the read only mode
and when i try to copy over the ntoskrnl.exe file that is bad, it gives me the error.
Notes:
1) I have tried to pull the good file from several different locations including the recovery partition on the HDD, another laptop, a recovery cd.
2) It also mentions to try and do it from the root console, sure enough I get an error message about the password
3) I try to join my windows network and it mentions the need for network-admin password
As you can see, I am running in to all the little things that I think I can solve with a little bit of research and reading, but I can't the direction to go to get me out of my frustration.
I like trail and error, but when you get somewhere!
Thanks again,
Similar Threads
-
By svrfrmfaith in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:15 AM
-
By gnukish in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2005, 08:58 PM
-
By tonedef667 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 01:06 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R340 Single Intel Xeon E-2236 @3.40GHz 32GB RAM No HDD H730P
$350.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell R740XD All Flash 2U Server Full 24 x U.2 NVME 2x Xeon 6240R 48 CORE HOMELAB
$849.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99