-
How do I merge Wifi adapter driver into the Knoppix CD?
Hi all,
My laptop has an "Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network connection" wifi adapter. When I boot from Knoppix the LED denoting enabled status of the wifi adapter remains off. I've tried to enable it, somewhere I did read the SSID of my wifi network from Knoppix, this tells me that the laptop might be able to see it, but I'm not sure how, since the wifi adapter appears disabled.
I found a driver for my adapter on linux here: http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/
I have downloaded it but I have no idea how to install it into Knoppix, either by adding it to the CD or by installing it after booting from KNoppix
any clues will be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Similar Threads
-
By jv_guano in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
-
By SicKn3sS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM
-
By skp in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 04:21 PM
-
By tablet_guy in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
-
By johnsandidge in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00